I’ve given many talks on Salesforce, mostly focusing on topics like Apex testing, continuous integration, CumulusCI, Salesforce DX, and version control. I love meeting with Salesforce groups to teach and advocate in these areas. If your group is looking for content in these areas, please drop me a line.
- Find Bugs Earlier with Second-Generation Packaging, on the Salesforce Architect Blog (with Brandon Parker).
- Build Applications with CumulusCI, a six-module trail on Trailhead (coauthored).
Presentations on CumulusCI Suite
I chatted with the fantastic Josh Birk about CumulusCI on the Salesforce Developer Podcast. I was also interviewed by Atlas Can for SalesforceBen about How Salesforce.org Uses DevOps, where we dug into the details of how and why to build a DevOps practice on CumulusCI.
Learn how to Extend NPSP with 2GP Unlocked Packages in the Salesforce Interchange series.
I’ve visited a number of conferences and user groups to present on how to automate Salesforce development using CumulusCI. You can view recordings of presentations on “Automate the App Lifecycle with CumulusCI” from Virtual Dreamin’ 2020, the London Salesforce Developers Group, the Kitchener, Canada Developers Group (video), at ApexHours, and in Denver, Colorado (slides). I’ve also spoken to developer groups in the Netherlands; Munich, Germany; Mount Laurel, New Jersey; and Moscow, Russia.
Learn about delivering Salesforce applications to customers with MetaDeploy in my Cactusforce 2021 presentation, Building the NPSP Trailhead Installer with MetaDeploy.
- The Magic of APIs for Admins at the Charlotte, NC Nonprofit Users Group.
- Design Safe, Fast, Parallel Salesforce Integrations with Rust and Baris
- Do What You Can with What You Have at All Things Open, with Mary Crozier and Cori O’Brien.
- Handle the Right Errors: Building Resilient and Reliable Apex at the New York City Developers Group.
- Real-World Unit Testing: Get to 100% Coverage, The Right Way at PhillyForce ‘19.
- Unit Testing, an episode of Xi Xiao’s SalesforceWay podcast.
- ‘“Clicks, Not Code” to “Clicks are Code”: Add Git to your #AwesomeAdmin Superpowers’, a talk and workshop at the Philadelphia Salesforce User’s Group with Andrés Catalán. The workshop’s GitHub repo is available.
- Continuous Integration with Salesforce DX: Concepts and Connections at Dreamforce ‘18.
- Continuous Integration with Salesforce DX and CircleCI: Practices and Principles at PhillyForce ‘18.
- Staying on Top of Salesforce & NPSP Releases at Dreamforce ‘16, with Adam Kramer.